Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A Star is Born


Last week, Georgia had her first school performance...the Kindergarten Sing. What a performer! Dressed in her new dress from Mimi and her hair perfectly done, she 'wowed' the crowd and evidently herself. As we left the gym, she proclaimed, 'Mom, wasn't I awesome?!" She was so proud, as were Bryan, Garrett and I. What a joy - especially as they sang the 'I love you' and she pointed right at us! "Yes, Georgia - you were awesome!"


Following the 'concert' we left for a 3 day weekend at the cottage - what a beautiful weekend to spend enjoying family, friends and the lake. Friday was busy, as we continue to finish many projects at the cottage. The recently added deck - is now nearly complete. Andy and Bryan worked until nearly 3am finishing it up - all we need now is the top handrail - its gorgeous!
Saturday, Mom, Dad, Becky, Mark, Sarah, Maddie and Grandma Helen came up to the cottage for an early Mother's Day celebration. We spent the entire day out on the deck eating, laughing and having a fantastic time together. Our menu consisted of delicious bbq ribs (my specialty of late), perfect chicken on the grill too, along with Grandma's recipe coleslaw, hobo potatoes and fresh fruit. WE ATE SO MUCH FOOD!
We were able to put Mom and Dad's new pontoon boat in the water - looking forward to some fun sunset 'cruises' on Freeman! Maybe even a couple times we'll be able to follow the Madam Carroll as she paddles across the lake with live music (I know Duke Tomato is playing soon)...if we don't make it on the pontoon, we'll still be able to enjoy the music from the deck as they pass through our bay.
Returning home is always so bittersweet - but this time, it was sweet - our new Select Comfort mattress was delivered yesterday. I slept like a baby last night...and like Lindsey Wagner, my sleep number is 35. Of course, I am sure my sound sleep had NOTHING to do with a winning softball game last night. Final score 14-13 GO K-DUB! Who knew that after 17 years, I could still pitch a good game (even thouh 17 years ago it was fast pitch)...did I say 17 years?!?! My how time flies...

1 comment:

Allison said...

We still rock the hobo potatoes-- ever since our many nights of grilling with you guys!!!