Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The Ferry Bed and Breakfast


So it seems like the last few weeks, our house has had a revolving door - we should just rename ourselves the Ferry Bed and Breakfast - and WE LOVE IT!!!! There have been so many friends and family coming and going for the holidays that I fear I may start going through withdrawal the next few weeks.

I am home alone right now (with exception to dog, Stella) - and it is eerily quiet - no giggles, no stories of past being shared and no yummy smells coming from the kitchen.

I have cooked, baked and done more dishes lately (thanks Frigidaire for making the dishwasher so reliable...the new one is waiting for repair - it broke New Year's Eve) - but one breakfast over the past few weeks has just stuck in my mind so much - that I am actually craving a cinnamon roll right now.

I found a posting on Craig's List for a mom who lives in Avon and works out of her home kitchen. She makes the rolls, freezes them and then you bake them in your own kitchen. She makes cinnamon rolls, white and wheat dinner rolls and now fudge (we've had the cinnamon and both dinner rolls) - DELICIOUS!!! (the picture above is a great liking of what we had...I didn't think to take a picture)

Christmas morning I got up just a little early to get the rolls out of the freezer to rise for an hour...went back to bed...and then as the kids starting tearing through their gifts - I put the rolls in the oven - within 10 minutes we could start smelling the yummy aroma. The rolls were browned and perfectly baked before we knew it - covered in the homemade cream cheese frosting and just perfect!!!!

Please check out her site... http://sarahssweeties.wordpress.com/my-products-2/ order some the next time you have company. Fortunately for me, my sister lives on the west side and just minutes from Sarah's house - so thanks Becky for being my cinnamon roll pick up girl. But if Becky didn't live there - it would be worth the drive!! Pay it forward - support the small business owners - the moms who just want to use their God given gifts while staying home with their children. Way to go Sarah!! and Thanks!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmm...those do look good! ok, i think it's HIlarious that you put rue on here! now what about the glasses shop?
(sigh) but i do miss seeing you every day!
we need another holiday to do projects together. valentine cookies????
chow...
Trin

Allison said...

These look delicious!! And no work for the lady of the house? I can get into that.

Sorry we didn't come by NYE, dinner got off to a very late start...hope you're well.