So I'm on the hunt for a job and am so incredibly discouraged already!! I am a college educated, well employable, fun, enthusiastic, creative person - why can't I find a job that I would ENJOY!?! Of course there are a million places I could work - but I want to enjoy myself while I am working - is that all too difficult to ask? While I understand I chose to stay home with my kids for the last 9 years, I really don't feel like that should be held against me - as my 'work experience' on my resume is now limited and it looks like I've been a bum for a long time. Of course I was a Realtor for the last couple of years - but really - not a tough gig...and before I had kids...I was in Marketing and Sales for a couple of years - but my college education (thanks Ball State) - seems to not offer much in the light of wanting to write or do something creative - evidently having a degree in Criminology and Counseling Psychology and past working as a Probation Officer doesn't hold much in the air of creativity.
I suppose it doesn't help much that I am unsure which direction my career should go - advertising? marketing? writing? editing? I want to use my creativity and be a part of a company that actually wants to make a difference in the world - or at least in my community. But who doesn't, right?
Thanks to a recent interview that I thought went well - the job was offered 'in house' to an experienced professional writer...ok...professional - ummm how am I supposed to get experience in writing if no one will hire me to write?!?! I feel like I'm just out of college and stuck in a mud hole of unemployment.
To top off the necessary requirements of professional experience, I am tending to be a bit demanding as well - I want to work after 8 am so I can drop my kids off at school and I want a part-time gig so I can pick them up after school - or at least be home before dinner...am I asking too much?
So, if you know someone who is hiring a college educated, creative, independent person - let me know...
No comments:
Post a Comment