Monday, August 20, 2007

No Particular Subject

For once, I have nothing to rant or rave about...just living life. We are now in our temporary housing - and we are thankful that it will only be temporary!! The 4 of us and dog, Stella are living in a 1 bedroom house...its quaint...very quaint. I am driving the kids to and from school each day in Carmel from Lebanon - learning the lay of the land a bit. I have found several little shopping areas and even managed to get my haircut the other day (of course she didn't do it like the girl I used to have do my hair - but they never get it right the first time).

The kids are loving school!! Garrett is thrilled with his new class and teacher - he is one of 18 boys and 9 girls in his class. He did qualify for the gifted and talented program, the 'challenge program' is what Carmel calls it - he of course said its not so challenging yet - but he's looking forward to the year, which is all we could ask for. Georgia is not so excited about the learning part of school but is having a grand time making new friends. She declared the other day that she doesn't want to be in first grade if she is going to have to learn how to read!! In time she will learn to love reading - she is my child after all!!

We have a play date with some new friends this week who live in our new neighborhood!! We are so excited - we've come to know several people who live in Brookshire North and Georgia's best new little friend actually lives on our street - and her older brother is in Garrett's class!!

Life is working out so well for us right now - we are grateful to God for that.

I had a job interview the other day - I am still waiting to hear from them - I had a great conversation with the head of their marketing department. I interviewed for a writing/editing position...I can't imagine actually getting paid to do something that I so enjoy...crossing my fingers on that one!

I thought I would be bored most days while the kids are at school...but I've actually been keeping pretty busy. Our "little house" is next door to Grandma Helen's house (she actually is renting to us) - anyway she fell last Thursday and has a nice horseshoe shaped wound on her forehead with 30 stitches!!! She looks like Rocky Balboa!! So I've been keeping an eye on her and escorting her around town to various appointments and such. Its good to be able to be here for her!!

Bryan and I are off to the Bears Pre-Season game tonight...they are playing a local team - people around here call em' the Colts?!?! Go Blue and Orange!

No comments: